Sunday, April 10, 2016

#1,781: Latte Overnight Oats



I have been eating overnight oats for about 2 months now almost every day for breakfast because they are so filling and really, just good.  So when I saw this recipe for latte overnight oats I was a little excited.  Sadly, these were disappointing.  I do enjoy drinking coffee, but this was way too much for me.  IF I make this again I'm going to cut way back on the coffee and use more milk (I like unsweetened cashew milk).  

1/2 cup rolled oats
1 tablespoon chia seeds
1 teaspoon turbinado sugar or brown sugar
1/2 cup Original Silk Soymilk (I used unsweetened cashew milk)
1/4 cup brewed coffee, hot or cold
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
I also added some mini chocolate chips

Add all ingredients to a bowl or jar and stir to mix completely.  Place, covered, in the fridge for at least 3 hours, or overnight. Add extra soymilk in the morning if you want to thin it out a little bit. Serve cold.

No comments:

Post a Comment