Sunday, April 3, 2016

#1,778: Marinate-all-day Parmesan Chicken


This was not the recipe I intended to make for dinner tonight, but when I went to make a different chicken dish, I realized I was out of eggs (we may have gone a little overboard coloring Easter eggs and I used them all up).  So I quickly threw this together just before lunch so it had more time to marinate in the fridge.  Phew, dinner crisis avoided.

My family LOVED this chicken.  Loved, loved, loved it.  The protein/meat is usually the least favored part of our dinner, but my kids went back for seconds.  Even super picky Matthew even at this, once I actually got him to try a piece (bribery to Chuck E Cheese may have been involved....don't judge me, we were going anyways, he just didn't know it).  

Ingredients:
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (I used chicken breast tenders)
2 tsp. crushed garlic
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
1/2 tsp poultry seasoning
1/4 cup whole wheat Panko bread crumbs
1/4 cup finely grated Parmesan cheese

I was in a rush so I didn’t heat this up.  I just poured it over the chicken and mixted it together in a ziplock bag.  Combine crushed garlic, olive oil, and poultry seasoning in small pan and heat 1 minute, until just warm.

Put chicken into ziplock bag, pour heated oil over, and marinate all day in refrigerator.
To cook, take chicken out of refrigerator and let it come to room temperature for a few minutes while you preheat oven to 425.

Mix bread crumbs and Parmesan and place cheese/breadcrumb mixture in flat dish and dip each chicken breast into it, pressing on as much of the coating as you can.

Place each chicken piece in casserole dish which has been sprayed with nonstick spray or olive oil. Bake until chicken is firm and cooked through, about 25 minutes, then put under the broiler to brown more if desired. 

No comments:

Post a Comment