Sunday, April 10, 2016

#1,783: Glazed Strawberry Squares

If you've ever made a form of strawberry pretzel jello, this recipe is really closely to it except you don't have to cook the bottom layer first.  This recipe was also supposed to have blueberries in it, but I forgot to buy them. That's ok, because for someone who doesn't like the fruit in her jello very much, it was less fruity for me.  :)  Personally, I think this would have been better if the bottom layer was baked so that it stayed together better, but I also liked that it was quicker to make because I didn't have to cook and cool that bottom layer.  Regardless, this was good, and I made this for a family gathering and it was almost completely gone at the end of the night.  I would definitely make this again. 

2 cups graham cracker crumbs
1/2 cup sugar, divided
1/2 cup butter or margarine, melted
2 pkgs. (8 oz. each) Cream Cheese, softened
8 oz thawed COOL WHIP Whipped Topping
1-1/2 cups fresh blueberries (I omitted)
1-1/2 cups sliced fresh strawberries
1-1/2 cups boiling water
1 pkg. (6 oz.) JELL-O Strawberry Flavor Gelatin (I used cherry because I had some on hand)
1-1/2 cups ice cubes

Mix graham crumbs, 1/4 cup sugar and butter; press onto bottom of 13x9-inch dish.

Beat cream cheese and remaining sugar in medium bowl with mixer until blended. Whisk in cool whip; spread over crust. Top with berries.

Add boiling water to gelatin mix in large bowl; stir 2 min. until completely dissolved. Add ice; stir until melted. Pour over berries. Refrigerate 4 hours or until firm.

No comments:

Post a Comment