Sunday, April 26, 2015

#1,491: Cookie Dough Brownies

Mmmm...doesn't that look good?  I wish I had a better picture to post of this one, but I literally remembered that I needed to take a picture as I was about to eat the last piece.  This is all you get folks!  Sorry.  

This went over very well with my family, but especially with my kids.  I wasn't sure I was going to love this frosting because it has flour in it (gasp!), but it was good.  I did add more water to thin this out and make it more like a frosting (sort of).  I also was super lazy and omitted a lot of the brownie ingredient and used a box mix (gasp again!).  Yes I am lazy.  Still delicious though.  

Brownies:
I omitted the original recipe ingredients and made a box mix instead.  If you want the real ingredients/recipe click here.

Frosting :
½ cup butter, softened
¾ cup brown sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
1¼ cup flour
½ tsp. salt
5 TB milk (I used probably close to double this if not more.  I just kept adding a little more milk at a time until it was still thick like frosting, but thinner and more to my liking). 
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips

Instructions
Make brownies in a 9x13 pan according to your mix/box directions.  Let cool completely.

FROSTING: Cream together butter and sugar. Add vanilla and mix well. Add flour and salt and stir until fully combined. Stir in the milk and beat until fluffy. Gently stir in the chocolate chips. Spread on cooled brownies. 

No comments:

Post a Comment