Sunday, April 26, 2015

#1,487: Cream Cheese Mints

The recipe for these mints have been on one of my pinterest boards for THREE years!  I have honestly been a little afraid to make these because I thought they would be too difficult.  Well, I can tell your right now, not only was this easy to make, but they are GOOD and I will be making these again soon...and probably for a lot of our family gatherings!  SOOOOO simple (and you might even already have all of the ingredients on hand!).

  
1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
1 tablespoon butter, softened
3 cups confectioners' sugar
2 drops peppermint oil
any color food coloring paste (optional) (I used several drops of the liquid food coloring)

In a large bowl, combine cream cheese, butter, and confectioner's sugar. Mix in peppermint oil. Color as desired with food coloring paste, or leave white.


(I did not do this step. I took about 1/5 of the mixture and rolled it into a log/snake shape.  Then I used a knife to cut into pieces about the size of a dime, but maybe about 1/2 inch thick.  I did not flatten with a fork...an unnecessary step!): Roll mixture into small balls, and place on waxed paper. Flatten with a fork dipped in confectioners' sugar. 

Let dry for about 2 hours on waxed paper, then freeze or refrigerate. (Personally, these are best frozen!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment