Sunday, April 26, 2015

#1,490: Parmesan Crispix Party Mix

I'm sure I probably got this recipe from my mom a long time ago, but I just found it in one of my recipes boxes scribbled on a scratch piece of paper.  I figured that meant I should make it for a family party (my daughter's first communion) and have this on digital file for future reference.  :)  This was ridiculously easy to make and was a big hit at the party.  My five year old helped me make it...that's how simple it was!  Yep, I would definitely make this again. 

The only real change I made to this recipe was to double the dressing because I thought it was too dry originally.  I think that was a good call. 

7 cups Crispix cereal
2 c cheese crackers (such as cheese nips)
1 c pretzel sticks
1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese. 

Dressing:
3 tbsp olive oil
1 tsp Italian seasoning

1/4 tsp fennel seeds
1/8 tsp hot pepper sauce (I used a few shakes of crushed red pepper)


In a large bowl, combine the crispix, crackers, and pretzels.  Set aside.

In a small blender (or a mason jar with a lid), combine all of the dressing ingredients.  Shake/pulse/blend to combine. 

Pour over the cereal mixture and stir well.  (Or just put a lid on your bowl and shake it up really good).

Add the grated cheese and mix again.  Store covered in the fridge until ready to serve.  You can make this up to a day in advance.  

No comments:

Post a Comment