Sunday, April 26, 2015

#1,486: Spinach and Apple Salad

I really liked that this recipe was one that you could prep (most of it) ahead of time.  I made the dressing and stuck it in a mini blender and let it sit on the counter for a few hours before ready to serve.  Then I just gave it a quick pulse to re-mix and it was to ready to serve. The apple and onion I chopped a few hours in advance too and just kept in small mason jars to keep fresh.

Overall I really enjoyed this salad and I would definitely eat it and make it again.  Two thumbs up from me! It went over well with my family/guests as well! 

1/2 cup unsweetened apple juice
 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
 2 tablespoons olive oil
 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
 1/8 teaspoon salt
 1/8 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
 1 package (6 ounces) fresh baby spinach
 1 medium apple, chopped
 1 small red onion, chopped
 1/3 cup crumbled blue cheese (I used Feta)
 1/3 cup chopped walnuts


In a small bowl, whisk the first six ingredients. In a salad bowl, combine the spinach, apple, onion, blue cheese and walnuts. Drizzle with dressing and toss to coat. Serve immediately. Yield: 8 servings.

No comments:

Post a Comment