Monday, April 20, 2015

#1,481: Watergate Salad


I cannot believe it's actually been 4 weeks since I last posted a recipe.  I am really slacking!  Has it really been that long since I tried something new with/for/on my family?!?!  Obviously you can tell it's a time of year that I'm either really busy or trying to keep our food budget low!  (ps...the answer is both).  I haven't been cooking as many elaborate meals lately and am relying on my low-cost, super fast meals like grilled kielbasa, breakfast for dinner, spaghetti, grilled chicken, etc....

This past weekend as I was prepping for our garage sale I came across some recipes I saved and decided to make this watergate salad because it looked super easy and I could throw together very quickly.  Yes, it was that easy and fast to make too!  My kids loved this...especially the marshmallows, so I added a bit more just for them.  :)  I'd make this again for sure.  

1 can (20 oz.) crushed pineapple in juice, undrained
1 pkg.(3.4 oz.) Pistachio Flavor Instant Pudding
1 cup Miniature Marshmallows (I probably used closer to 2+ cups)
1/2 cup chopped Pecans
1-1/2 cups thawed Cool Whip Whipped Topping (I probably used more like 2 1/2 cups)

Combine first 4 ingredients in large bowl.  Stir in Cool Whip.  Refrigerate 1 hour. 

No comments:

Post a Comment