Monday, April 20, 2015

#1,482: Strawberry Cream Cheese Icebox Cake


First of all, this is not the finished photo and I cannot believe I'm actually posting a picture poor of a picture.  I took this photo "just in case" I forgot to take a finished product one...and I DID.  UGH!  This is supposed to be topped with cool whip and some crushed graham crackers.  It looks way better cut into too.  I don't know if I'll be making this again soon, so feel free to send me a picture of this if you make it!!  :) 

Back to the recipe though, this got great reviews at the family gathering I took it too.  I think this would be really good with other berries as well so if you aren't a fan of strawberries, I'd try something else in its place.  I think next time I'm going to try blueberries only because it'll be faster to add them since you don't have to cut them.  Raspberries would probably be really good too. 

This made a lot of cream filling/mixture and I actually didn't even use it all.  I probably threw away about 1/4 of it because I thought it was too much.  Still delicious though.  I made this later in the evening and served it about noon the next day.  I stopped at the point of the photo (everything minus the final layer of cool whip) and wrapped in saran wrap and stuck in the fridge until it was time to leave for the party.  Then I used a clean paper towel to soak up all of the liquid/water/juice that accumulated on the top from the strawberries.  About 2 hours before the party I topped it with the cool whip, added the crushed graham crackers and put it back in the fridge until time to serve.  It was really, really good!

2 pounds strawberries, sliced
2 sleeves graham crackers
8 oz cream cheese, softened to room temperature
14 oz can sweetened condensed milk
2 packages (3.4 oz) instant cheesecake flavored pudding (I used french vanilla)
3 cups milk
12 oz carton Cool Whip, thawed and divided.

Click here to see the original recipe and for the rest of the instructions/directions.

No comments:

Post a Comment