Sunday, April 1, 2018

April Fool's Cake Pops


My family doesn't necessarily try to prank our kids on April Fool's Day, but when I saw my cousin share this post on making cake pops out of brussel sprouts, I knew I had to bring these to Easter! 

These definitely look a lot like a cake pop, and even my dad didn't know there was something wrong with these.  They were really easy to make.  I just cut the bottom off the RAW brussel sprout and kept pulling away leaves until they were the size of a traditional cake pop.  Then I melted some chocolate (I bought this kind at my local Walmart) and dipped each one in.  I added some candy sprinkles and then placed it in a Styrofoam rectangle to keep it standing upright.  

I don't know what was funnier...the kids who took a big bite right away, or the ones who just kept eating the chocolate off it?!


No comments:

Post a Comment