Sunday, April 8, 2018

#2,696: Homemade Latte WITHOUT an Espresso Machine


So I have been really into drinking lattes lately, but I am TERRIBLE at making them at home.  I use my Keurig in the morning and my coffee just seems super diluted no matter what I try.  I hate spending at LEAST $4 for coffee at a coffee shop (even if they do offer deals on numbers of purchases), so I figured there had to be an easier way of making them at home.  After several failed attempts, I came across this video which actually seemed to work for me!  So I figured I'd pass along this link in case anyone wants to try it too. 

First of all, I had to pull out my actual coffee maker...not my Keurig.  And I had to double the recipe so that I could fill Tervis cup (and it's a smaller one!).  My first attempt at this, I had one cup worth of a latte...yeah, I drink way more than a small/tall!

My next job/step is to learn how to add the cute latte art!  :)

4 tbsp ground coffee
10 oz water
1 cup milk

And I definitely needed 3-4 packets of stevia.  But I like my coffee a bit sweet

You will also need a glass jar with a lid.

Brew the 4 tbsp of ground coffee with 10 oz of water.
While that is brewing, place 1 cup of milk in a glass jar and microwave on high for 30 seconds. 


Remove the jar from the microwave and put the lid on the jar.  Shake vigorously for 30-60 seconds.  

Remove the lid and continue heating the milk for an additional 30 seconds.  Watch closely so that it doesn't bubble over. 


Pour your brewed coffee into a large mug (my Tervis is a 16 oz one!).  Add desired sweetener, and then add the warmed milk and foam.  

No comments:

Post a Comment