Sunday, March 19, 2017

#1,882: Roasted Broccoli Steaks

I found this recipe in a recent issue from Food Network Magazine, and I seriously fell in love with it!  Oh my goodness it is SO good.  The only thing I don't love about this recipe is the stalks of the broccoli, but I normally cut that part off when I roast my broccoli.  So when I made this a second time, I cut off the florets and just roasted the tops.  For me personally it was better, but that's just personal preferrence.  Also, I LOVE feta cheese so I would love to add it to my dish next time, but I didn't have any on hand (and didn't really want to spend the money on it right now), so I subbed out grated parmesan instead.  This was delicious! 

2 heads of broccoli
¼ c Olive oil
Salt, to taste
Red pepper flakes, to taste
2 tbsp blood orange juice (I used regular orange juice)
1 tbsp lemon juice
parsley, to taste (I used dried)
red onion
feta cheese (I used grated parmesan)

Trim 2 heads broccoli; slice from the stem end into thick steaks (some florets will fall off). Toss with olive oil and salt. Roast on a preheated baking sheet at 450 degrees F until browned, 15 minutes. Whisk 1/4 cup olive oil, 2 tablespoons blood orange juice and 1 tablespoon lemon juice; season with salt and red pepper flakes. Drizzle over the broccoli; top with parsley, red onion and feta.


No comments:

Post a Comment