Sunday, March 19, 2017

#1,880: Lasagna Crescent Roll Ups

Somehow I stumbled across this recipe not too long ago and I figured it would be the perfect (easy!) recipe to use up some crescent rolls I had in my fridge.  In fact, I had everything on hand except the ground turkey, so I used bulk pork sausage instead.  My family LOVED these roll ups and I will definitely make these again.  They enjoyed them so much, I almost had to tell my 10 year old to stop ooh-ing and aah-ing over them!  :)

If you aren't sure how to roll these up based on the directions, just go to the original Pillsbury website where it shows pictures.  :)  It really is so simple!

This recipe makes 16 roll-ups.  

1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
1 lb lean ground turkey (I used bulk pork sausage)
1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
1 teaspoon garlic salt
2 ½ tablespoons tomato paste
2 cans refrigerated crescent dinner rolls
4 sticks string cheese (each string cheese cut into 4 pieces)

In 10-inch skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Cook turkey, Italian seasoning, garlic salt and tomato paste in skillet 8 to 10 minutes, stirring frequently, until turkey is no longer pink. Remove from heat.
Heat oven to 350° F. Separate each can of dough into 8 triangles. Top each with 2 heaping teaspoons turkey mixture, covering two-thirds of the dough. Leave space on all edges. Place a quarter of a cheese stick on widest end of each triangle. Fold outer corners in over cheese, then roll up, ending at tip.

Bake 15 minutes. Remove from cookie sheet immediately; serve. Serve with marinara sauce, if desired.

No comments:

Post a Comment