Sunday, March 12, 2017

#1,879: Double Chocolate Banana Muffins


In case you haven't been able to tell by a lot of my posts, I find a lot of recipes from magazine subscriptions.  Oh how I love cooking magazines.  Taste of home is one of my favorite magazines, and I found this recipe in a recent issue.  I saved it to make another time, but when I was cleaning out my freezer I found a bag of bananas, so I knew it was perfect timing to try it!  It was super easy to make, and the batter was delicious.  I may not have asked the kids if they wanted to lick the spoon.  (Shhh, I know....don't eat batter with raw eggs in it.  It so hard not to though!) 

Oh my gosh, these are seriously, so, so good.  The tops are a tiny bit crispy (in a good way), but the muffin itself is so moist.  I need to get bananas on my grocery list so I can let them get over-ripe and make this again!!  The kids are going to LOVE these for breakfast tomorrow.  Next time I'm adding some wheat bran and flax seeds to the mix though.  

1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup sugar
1/4 cup baking cocoa
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1-1/3 cups mashed ripe bananas (about 3 medium)
1/3 cup canola oil
1 large egg
1 cup (6 ounces) miniature semisweet chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 350°. Whisk together the first six ingredients. 

In a separate bowl, whisk bananas, oil and egg until blended. Add to flour mixture; stir just until moistened. Fold in chocolate chips.

Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups three-fourths full. Bake until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, 20-25 minutes. 

Cool 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Serve warm. Yield: about 1 dozen.

No comments:

Post a Comment