Sunday, March 19, 2017

#1,881: Italian Meatball Stuffed Crescent Ring

I totally forgot to take a picture of this once we cut into it!  Grrr I hate when I forget to do that!  Sorry!  Oh well, you'll have to use your imagination for this one, or go to the original website where I found this one.  As you may have read/noticed in my last post, I had several cans of crescent rolls I needed to use up, so I wanted something easy to make with them, but would also be a good (and kid/hubby-friendly) main dish.  Although my family really enjoyed this recipe, it would have been 1000 times better if I had used homemade (cooked) meatballs instead.  I strongly suggest doing that if you have the time!  But I was going for convenience and quick, so I used the frozen ones.  Still good, but not nearly as good as my own homemade meaballs.  :)  Regardless, I would definitely make this again for my family!  

24 (1-inch) frozen cooked Italian-style meatballs, thawed and halved
1 1/2cups marinara sauce
1cup shredded mozzarella cheese (4 oz)
2cans (8 oz each) Pillsbury™ refrigerated crescent dinner rolls
1tablespoon butter, melted
1tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese

Heat oven to 375°F (350°F for dark or nonstick cookie sheet). In large bowl, mix meatball halves, 1/2 cup of the marinara sauce and the mozzarella cheese.

(If you are a visual person and want to see how to do this, here is the link with images to the original website) Unroll both cans of dough; separate into 8 rectangles. On ungreased large cookie sheet, arrange rectangles in ring so short sides of rectangles form a 5-inch circle in center. Dough will overlap.

Spoon meatball mixture on the half of each rectangle closest to center of ring (each rectangle should have 6 meatball halves).

Bring each dough rectangle up over filling, tucking dough under bottom layer of dough to secure it. Repeat around ring until entire filling is enclosed (some filling might show a little).
Gently separate dough perforations on top until filling peeks through. Brush tops of dough with melted butter, and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. 

Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until dough is golden brown and thoroughly baked. Cool 5 to 10 minutes before cutting into serving slices. Just before serving, in small microwavable bowl, microwave remaining 1 cup marinara sauce uncovered on Medium-High (70%) 1 to 2 minutes or until hot.

No comments:

Post a Comment