Saturday, July 30, 2016

#1,822: Sugar Free Blueberry, Banana and Oat Muffins


One thing my kids are slightly missing during our sugar free week at home is some sort of treat/dessert.  So I decided to make these sugar free blueberry, banana, and oatmeal muffins for them as a special snack.  Although they thought they were a little dry (these would be super good with some butter on it), they did enjoy them overall.  I plan to make up a batch and stick them in the freezer for an easy, go-to breakfast when we go back to school.  

340g self-rising flour (I measured this out…I THINK it’s 2 cups??)
25g oats (I also measured this one out)
1 banana, mashed
1 egg, whisked
125ml milk (I used ½ cup of unsweetened almond milk)
3 tbsp Greek or natural yogurt
60ml vegetable oil (I used ¼ cup)
150g blueberries (I used 2/3 cup)

Preheat the oven to 180C/350F and line a muffin tin with 12 liners.   Add the flour and oats into a mixing bowl and stir together.  Add in the rest of the ingredients and mix well until it is all combined into a sticky dough.  Add in the blueberries and gently fold them into the dough. Divide the mixture between the muffin cases and sprinkle the spare oats over the top of the muffins. Bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes until they are firm and golden brown. Allow to cool completely on a wire rack. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment