Wednesday, July 13, 2016

#1,817: Sweet-Tart Cucumber Salad

Apparently I didn't take a picture of these cucumbers...which means I need to make it again so I can add a photo to this!  I think I'll make these again this week.... :)

This actually was a really, really good side dish/salad.  We saved the liquid once the cucumbers and onions were gone and added more ingredients to make it a second time.  I will definitely be making this again!! 



10 pickling cucumbers or 3 medium cucumbers, thinly sliced
1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon salt, divided
2 cups white vinegar
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup lemon juice
3 teaspoons celery seed
1 teaspoon pepper
2 medium onions, halved and thinly sliced

(I skipped this step) Place cucumbers in a colander over a plate; sprinkle with 1 tablespoon salt and toss. Let stand 30 minutes. Drain.

In a small bowl, whisk vinegar, sugar, lemon juice, celery seed, pepper and remaining salt until blended. In a large bowl, combine cucumbers and onions. Pour dressing over cucumber mixture; toss to coat. Refrigerate, covered, at least 2 hours before serving. Yield: 8 servings.

No comments:

Post a Comment