Saturday, July 30, 2016

#1,821: Whole Wheat Banana Pancakes with Blueberries



I swear there really are blueberries in these pancakes!!  But to make sure they were evenly distributed after I poured the batter I added a few blueberries to each one instead of mixing it in the batter directly.  So if I turned these pancakes over you would/could actually see they are in there.  2 of my kids loved these healthy (no sugar!!) pancakes WITH the blueberries, but one preferred them plain.  I made these during our no sugar week at home, so my kids were slightly disappointed at first that they couldn't dip them in syrup...but they still enjoyed them.  Since it was an easy, healthy, no sugar breakfast option for them, I think I made them 3 times this week.  Definitely a win recipe in our house. I found this recipe in a recent issue of Family Circle magazine. 

1 c whole wheat flour
2 tsp baking powder
3 very ripe bananas
3 eggs
2 tsp melted butter
pinch of salt
blueberries, washed

In a medium sized bowl combine the flour, baking powder and salt.  Set aside.

In a blender combine bananas, eggs, and melted butter.  Pour the banana mixture into the flour mixture and stir until combined.  If the batter is too thick you can add a little water to thin it down.  You can add the blueberries at this point if you want.
Coat a griddle with non stick spray.  Pour batter onto griddle (this is when I added 4-5 blueberries onto each pancake), cook until it starts to bubble, flip over and continue cooking until browned.  

No comments:

Post a Comment