Wednesday, July 13, 2016

#1,813: Corn and Cucumber Salad

Brian's grandma is turning 90 (love that sweet lady!), and we had a family party for her.  I wanted to bring a side dish/salad type of dish that would be healthy, was easily portable, was quick to make, and didn't need to be heated up.  So when I came across this recipe, I knew it fit all of my requirement.  Although it would have gone even faster to prep if I would have used frozen corn, with it being summer, I wanted to use fresh corn off the cob instead.  The recipe says to cook the corn, but I really love fresh corn right off the cob so I decided not to. I also cut back on some of the other ingredients to really let the corn be the star of this dish.  Overall, I really enjoyed it.  I would definitely make this again...it surely was easy...and goes great with BBQ-type/picnic-type foods!

6 ears fresh corn or 3 cups frozen corn
3 cucumbers chopped (I used 1 ½ cucumbers)
1 red pepper chopped (I used 2)
1 green pepper chopped
1 red onion chopped

Dressing :
1-1/2 cups Italian dressing
2 Tbsp vinegar
2 Tbsp lemon juice
2 tsp sugar or sweetener
1 tsp salt
1 tsp pepper

(I omitted this step because I did not cook my corn.  I just cut it off the cob and put it right into the bowl!). Cook corn until tender Rinse under cold running water or put in an ice bath; drain well.

Chop cucumber, red and green peppers, and onion. Add to corn in large bowl.  

In a small bowl mix salad dressing with the remaining ingredients then pour over corn mixture and toss well.  Chill 2 hours before serving.




No comments:

Post a Comment