Saturday, June 18, 2016

#1,811: Dorito-coated Chicken Tenders

So this recipe calls for Cool Ranch Doritos, but my family is a Nacho flavored Dorito fan, so we used those instead.  Although I had issues with this recipe (the coating did not stick very well to the chicken and came off easily/stuck to the pan), my family enjoyed this and said they would eat it again.  :)  This recipe (with the Nacho flavored Doritos) made my kitchen smell like a Mexican restaurant which was encouraging to my family and I kept getting comments of "Oooh, it smells so good in here!"  That's always a great sign to a recipe! 

1 lbs boneless chicken breast tenders 
2 cups buttermilk
1 (12 oz) bag of Cool Ranch Doritos (or whatever flavor you prefer) (I used nacho flavored)
1 cup flour
*optional 1-2 Tbsp Ranch seasoning mix for extra Ranch flavor (I omitted)

In a medium bowl, marinate the chicken strips in buttermilk for 2-3 hours, up to overnight.

When ready to bake preheat oven to 400°.

Line a baking sheet with foil and spray with nonstick spray. Set aside.

Place the Doritos and flour into food processor or blender to crush and blend until the Doritos are the size of panko bread crumbs. Add in Ranch seasoning if desired.  Transfer crumbs into a medium bowl.

Remove each chicken strip from the buttermilk, allowing excess to drip off and coat the chicken in the Dorito/Flour mixture. Transfer to lined baking sheet. Continue with all chicken.

Bake chicken strips for 15-20 minutes until chicken is cooked through.

No comments:

Post a Comment