Thursday, June 16, 2016

#1,810: Inside Out Ravioli

So I'm not sure how this isn't considered just a typical "pasta bake" instead of inside out ravioli.  After I put it all together I realized that ravioli is filled with ricotta cheese and that is exactly what the dish is missing!  Add it!  Although my family devoured this entire pan of pasta, it definitely would have made it more ravioli like if I would have added a layer of ricotta cheese (maybe mixed with some parsley and Parmesan cheese!!?!?!?) before I topped it with the meat mixture.  I'm definitely doing that next time!  Regardless, this was still good, but I think the ricotta would have made it even better. 

1 pound pasta (I used medium sized shells and elbow macaroni to use up what we had in our pantry)
1 (10 ounce) package frozen, chopped spinach (I omitted)
1/2 cup bread crumbs
2 eggs, beaten
1/4 cup olive oil
1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
1 pound ground beef
1/2 cup chopped onion
1 clove garlic, minced
2 (8 oz) cans tomato sauce
1 (16 oz) jar spaghetti sauce
I also added some minced garlic and a few shakes of Italian seasoning

Preheat oven to 350F.

In a medium pot, cook pasta in boiling salted water until al dente. Drain well.

Cook spinach according to package directions.

Meanwhile, brown ground beef, chopped onion and minced garlic in a large skillet over medium heat. Stir in tomato sauce and spaghetti sauce. Simmer for 10 minutes.

Combine cooked spinach, cooked pasta, bread crumbs, 1 cup of the shredded cheese, beaten eggs and olive oil.

Spread spinach mixture evenly into the bottom of a 9×13 inch baking dish. Top with meat mixture. Top with the remaining cheese.

Bake uncovered in the preheated oven for 30 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment