Thursday, June 16, 2016

#1,809: Chocolate Zucchini Carrot Bread

Chloe has been begging me to make zucchini bread for them for breakfast.  Of course, I could have just made traditional zucchini bread, but why do that when I can find another new recipe for us to try?!  So I found this recipe for zucchini bread with grated carrots in it.  Since she asked me to make it, Chloe helped me make this one.  I have to admit, she's getting pretty good at cracking eggs!  (Only 2 tiny shells in the bowl this time.  LOL) What I liked about this recipe was that it made 2 loaves, so we have one to eat this week for breakfast, and we have another one in the freezer for another time.  

2 cups white whole wheat flour (I used 1 c all purpose and 1 c whole wheat flour)
1 cup sugar
½ cup toasted wheat germ (I used wheat bran)
½ cup cocoa powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon baking powder
1½ cups grated zucchini
½ cup grated carrot
3 large eggs 
⅔ cup plain low fat yogurt
⅓ cup canola oil
1 tablespoon vanilla
½ cup chocolate chips


Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees and spray two 8 inch bread pans with non-stick spray.
In a large bowl, whisk together dry ingredients (flour through baking powder).

In a separate bowl, whisk together wet ingredients (zucchini through vanilla).  Slowly add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir with rubber spatula until combined. Gently stir in chocolate chips then pour mixture evenly between both bread pans.

Bake for 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Let cool completely before slicing with a serrated knife.

NOTES

Freezer friendly! Simply wrap individual slices in plastic-wrap and freeze in one large resealable plastic bag. To reheat simply microwave for 45-60 seconds.

No comments:

Post a Comment