Tuesday, May 24, 2016

Summer Electronics Rules


I'm sure you've seen something similar to this list floating around facebook and pinterest.  I know that's where I first saw this idea...and loved it.  So I created a "must complete first..." summer chore list before the kids can watch tv, use an iPad, or listen to their music on their iPod/phone (old phone, only plays music and some apps).

Of course, Brian and I like to go to the gym after lunch and I personally like to take a nap, so if it's before 8 am (please let me sleep!), or between 1-3 pm, they can do whatever they want.  I hope this works...




Summer Rules

If it’s before 8 am…go ahead and watch tv or use an iPad.
If it’s after 8 am:
Did you:
Eat breakfast
Make your bed
Brush your teeth
Get dressed


Now choose 3 more things to do (without whining, arguing, or fighting with your siblings!):
Read for 20 minutes
Write or draw for 20 minutes
Play outside for 30 minutes
Complete at least 3 pages from your workbooks/summer packets (needs to get checked)
Play a game with Matthew (or each other) WITHOUT arguing
Write a letter (with drawings) to someone.  (You actually have to mail it).  It needs to be at least 8 sentences.
Clean up a room in the house (not your bedroom)
Build with legos or rainbow looms for 20 minutes
Play an educational game (i.e. IXL) for 20 minutes on the computer…if it’s available
Work on learning your new prayer
Vacuum the kitchen
Emptied upstairs garbage cans
Made mom and dad’s bed

No comments:

Post a Comment