Sunday, May 22, 2016

#1,800: Whipped Chocolate and Cherry Pie


Do you know how many years ago I pinned this recipe??  FOUR!!  When I knew book club was coming up and I was looking for a recipe to make, I figured it was long over due for this recipe to be made, tried, and reviewed!  My kids watched me make this and were begging to try it, so I brought home the leftover pieces for them to try.  They raved about this recipe/pie.  Personally, I thought it was good and enjoyed it, but it wasn't the best thing I've ever eaten (I'm more of a french silk girl...the cherries (although I liked them) could have been omitted for me. LOL).  But I would definitely make this again, and I can think of a few family gatherings that this pie would probably go over well at.  

22 large marshmallows
2/3 cup milk
7 oz milk chocolate candy bar, chopped
1 container (16 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed and divided
1 graham cracker crust (10 inches)
1 can (21 ounces) cherry pie filling

In a large saucepan, combine the marshmallows, milk and chocolate. Cook and stir over medium-low heat until smooth. Cool completely. (This would make a very rich, but excellent hot chocolate!!)

Fold 3/4 cup whipped topping into chocolate mixture. Pour into prepared crust. Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.

Top with pie filling and remaining whipped topping. Cover and refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight. Yield: 8 servings.

No comments:

Post a Comment