Sunday, May 22, 2016

#1,798: Sausage Biscuit Bites

So I made these Sausage Biscuit Bites several weeks ago but didn't read the directions correctly and ended up browning/crumbling the sausage mixture and then adding on top.  They still tasted good, but it wasn't what exactly like the original recipe and I figured it was changing the taste/texture a little.  So I held off on posting this recipe until I could make it again and give it a second try.  I was super leery about adding the raw meatball on top of the biscuit, because I was afraid the grease would seep into the biscuit and get it all soggy.  So I decided to pre-cook the meatballs partially and then add to the biscuit and let it finish cooking.  I think that was a very good idea!  My family loved these little bites, and we ended up eating them for dinner.  I decided to make these larger, and used regular canned biscuits (not the grands kind) and did not cut them up at all.  So I had 10 biscuit meatball muffins instead.  I also had extra meatballs/filling leftover so I just baked those on a cookie sheet and served them on the side (I only used 1 can of biscuits for my family/dinner).  We really, really enjoyed these and I will/would definitely make these again!

2 (10 count) cans flaky biscuits (Grands Jr)
1 lb sausage (Tennessee Pride)
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese

Preheat oven to 400.

Mix uncooked sausage and cheese gently until well blended. Shape into 40 balls of equal size.

Remove biscuits from cans and separate each biscuit into two layers, making 40 total biscuit layers. Press one layer of biscuit into cup of lightly greased mini-cupcake pan. Repeat with remaining layers.

Place sausage-cheese ball in each biscuit cup. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until biscuits are browned and sausage balls are bubbly.

No comments:

Post a Comment