Sunday, February 21, 2016

#1,770 Garlic Sauce Chicken

This chicken dish was what I made for and served my family on Valentine's Day.  I served this with crash hot potatoes and knock-off Red Lobster cheddar biscuits...and my family devoured this.  :)  I was afraid this was going to be too garlicky for my crew but they did not seem to mind.  

3 tablespoons olive oil
4 chicken thighs (about 2-pounds) (I used chicken tenders and cut into pieces)
salt and fresh ground pepper, to taste
1 whole bulb of garlic, peeled, cloves separated
1 cup white wine (use a wine that you like)
3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
1 sprig fresh rosemary

Heat olive oil in a large skillet.  Add chicken and season with salt and pepper.  Cooking over medium heat, brown the chicken on both sides; about 4 minutes per side.  Remove chicken from skillet and set aside.

Add garlic cloves to the skillet and cook, stirring frequently, until golden; about 3 minutes. Carefully add wine to the skillet.  Stir in parsley and add rosemary.  Transfer chicken back to skillet.

Cover and continue to cook over medium-low heat for 20 minutes, turning the chicken over half way through cooking. Add ¼-cup more wine if it looks too dry when you go to turn over the chicken.

Remove from heat.  Transfer chicken to serving dish and spoon the garlic sauce over the chicken.  Serve.

PS...my hubby surprised me with a secret dancing date...in our basement.  He showed up at the door all dressed up (after coming downstairs and sneaking outside).  It was totally unexpected and sweet.  Happy Valentine's Day y'all.  :) 


No comments:

Post a Comment