Sunday, April 23, 2017

#1,886: Parmesan Roasted Brussel Sprouts


I think brussel sprouts is one of those veggies you either love or hate.  I personally love them.  I'll pretty much eat them any way....hot, cold, roasted, shaved, as a salad....doesn't matter, I enjoy them.  So a few weeks ago I made some microwavable meal that had brussel sprouts and a light sauce.  It was a wonderful lunch...however my coworkers and students did not feel the same way about my lunch because of the slightly unpleasant odor it left behind.  I say it wasn't that bad....my school disagrees.

Not to give up on these delightful babies, I was super excited when I came across a very simple parmesan roasted recipe...and the recipe did not disappoint.  I'm already planning on heading back to the store for another batch of brussel sprouts.  I love most veggies roasted, but adding the parmesan (which I often don't do) really made this one good.  Two thumbs up for this recipe

1 1/2 pounds fresh brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved
2 tbsp olive oil
1/4 cup breadcrumbs
1/2 cup shredded parmesan cheese
1 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp black pepper 


Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Lightly grease a baking sheet with non-stick spray and set aside.

Combine brussels sprouts and olive oil in a large zip close bag and shake to coat. Add the breadcrumbs, parmesan cheese, garlic powder, salt and pepper to the bag and shake to coat.

Spread in an even layer on the baking sheet and bake for 15 to 17 minutes until the cheese is melted and the brussels sprouts are lightly browned.

No comments:

Post a Comment