Sunday, April 23, 2017

#1,884: Grape Glazed Doughnut Holes


So I came across a super cute recipe in a recent issue of Taste of Home that uses confectioners sugar and juice concentrate to make a glaze for store bought cake doughnut holes.  Let me start by saying, I could not find plain cake doughnuts at the store, so I thought why not just get the sour cream cake doughnut holes instead?!  Yeah...you know why you aren't supposed to use this kind of doughnut hole?  Becuase it's already glazed!  How dumb am I to not think of that when I bought them?!  But since I had already made the grape glaze, I figured I'd just go with it.  Although super weird in color, my girls (and I) actually really liked these doughnut holes.  But who doesn't love sugar on top of sugar?!  So this may not have been the healthiest thing I've served my kids for breakfast, but they thought it was a fun treat.  And that's exactly what it was...a treat.  I would not be making these on a regular basis for them by any means.  Matthew (5) refused to even try them because the said he "doesn't like red doughnuts."  His loss.  

1 package/container of cake doughnut holes
2 c confectioner's sugar
Grape juice concentrate (thawed)
You can use any juice concentrate as desired if you do not like grape
Whisk the confectioner's sugar and enough juice concentrate to create your desired consistency.  Dip plain doughnut holes in the glaze, and then transfer to waxed paper to set.  

No comments:

Post a Comment