Saturday, September 10, 2016

#1,829: Noodle-less lasagna in a bowl

I found this recipe for a single serving lasagna recipe in a bowl.  Although I loved the concept of it, the recipe had no ingrdient amounts, and if I'm going to make a pound of cooked bulk pork sausage, and buy all the other ingredients, I'm going to make more than one serving of this.  So I added SOME ingredient amounts listed below based on what I used when I made this for myself.  Feel free to add more or less of anything that you want.

This was good but it wasn't super filling and I didn't want to eat a ton of it, so I ate it over some roasted veggies one day and over some salad mix the next.  Both ways were good to me!  

1 lb crumbled sausage of choice (I used pork), cooked and drained
½ jar of No-sugar-added pizza sauce
Shredded mozzarella cheese, as much as desired
Cottage cheese or ricotta cheese, as much as desired
Italian seasoning, to taste
Garlic powder, to taste
Salt and pepper, to taste

Cook, crumble, and drain the sausage.  Add the seasoning, and pizza sauce and mix well.  Let simmer on low for about 5 minutes to let the flavors blend. 

To serve, place the sausage mixture in a bowl, then top with cottage or ricotta cheese, and mozzarella. 

Microwave for 2 minutes or until everything is hot and the cheese is melted. Or you could bake it at 350 degrees F until the same conditions are met.  OR eat as is.  (I heated it all and then topped with the ricotta after it came out of the microwave). 

No comments:

Post a Comment