Saturday, September 10, 2016

#1,827: Sausage Rice Skillet

I don't know about you, but back to school time always kicks our butt!  This time of year is so busy for us all and we often feel like we are barely treading water.  So when I found this simple 3 ingredient recipe, I knew I wanted to give it a try, but I was a little nervous because I know the soup mix is so full of sodium...but I decided to give it a try anyways.  This got mixed reviews from my family.  My husband thought it was ok, but the kids weren't super big fans.  I probably won't make it again because they weren't in love with it, but it sure was easy.  (I thought it was good but nothing special).  


1 lb Hot bulk pork sausage (I did NOT use hot for my family...I used regular)
2 cups long grain rice
1 packet dry Lipton Noodle Soup

In a pan, brown sausage, breaking up as it cooks to crumble into small pieces.  Drain grease if desired.  Next add long grain rice, 4 cups of water, and 1 packet of soup mix.  Bring to a boil, then cover, turn to low and simmer for 20 minutes.  


No comments:

Post a Comment