Monday, February 20, 2017

#1,876: Pumpkin and Oat Cookies


This recipe has been posted on my fridge for weeks now, just waiting for me to make it.  I found it in a recent issue of a magazine that was sent by our local grocery store.  I kept avoiding making this recipe because I figured I would love it.  Then my 10 year old asked if we could make it and I gave in.  I shouldn't have because I could have eaten all of these myself!  We ended up giving some away, and I let the kids eat a few for breakfast, packed up a bunch for their lunch, and kept letting them have one as a snack so I wouldn't eat any more.  The kids loved these as much as I did!  Hey at least the kids are getting in some pumpkin and oatmeal with these cookies!  Maybe that can ofset the sugar a little bit!!  :) 

2 1/2 c flour
1 1/4 c old fashioned oats
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp salt
10 tbsp butter, softened
1 c brown sugar
2/3 c granulated sugar
1 large egg
1 c pumpkin puree
1 tsp vanilla
1 c chocolate chips 

Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.  Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  

In a medium bowl whisk together flour, oats, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt.  Set aside.

In a large bowl beat the butter until creamy.  Add sugars and beat until fluffy.  Beat in egg, then pumpkin and vanilla.

Add flour mixture; mix until soft dough forms.  Beat in chocolate chips.  Refrigerate dough for 1 hour. 

Scoop rounded tablespoons of dough and place on prepared baking sheets (12 to a sheet).  Bake until cookies are puffy and firm to the touch (12-15 minutes).  Cool on sheets for 2 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.  Cookies will keep tightly covered in container for about 5 days.  

No comments:

Post a Comment