Monday, February 20, 2017

#1,875: Asian Chopped Salad with Sesame Vinaigrette

I love salads....I especially love a salad that I can some how prep ahead of time.  I made this salad in mason jars so it would stay fresh and I LOVED eating it for 2 days for my lunches.  I added a few ingredients to this to make it more to my liking, but as is would be good too (or with whatever your favorite salad toppings are).  This recipe goes well with just about any meat (especially if grilled).  Eh, this recipe goes well as a side to anything in my opinion!  :) 

1 head romaine
1 1/2 cups purple cabbage (I omitted out of laziness)
1 1/2 cups snow peas
3-4 green onions
1 cup shredded carrot
1 red bell pepper
1/2 cup chopped cilantro
About 1/4 c sliced/slivered almonds
I also added edamame, bacon bits, and sunflower seeds.  

{For the dressing}
1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
2 Tbsp. sesame oil
1 Tbsp. tamari (or soy sauce)
1 Tbsp. maple syrup
1 1/2 Tbsp. sesame seeds
Optional: minced garlic or ginger

Chop romaine and cabbage. Place in a large bowl.

Slice snow peas and green onions. Dice bell pepper, slice carrots, and roughly chop cilantro. Add to bowl.

In a small bowl whisk together dressing ingredients.  Pour over salad and toss to combine.
Top with additional sesame seeds if desired.

No comments:

Post a Comment