Sunday, June 20, 2010

Impromptu "Freezer Cooking Day"

First of all...Happy Father's Day to all of the dads out there! But especially to my dad, Brian, Anthony, Jeremy and my father-in-law Stan. I think this was a good day for Brian. Unfortunately it wasn't a very exciting day for him but we spent the day together, so what says more than FATHER'S day. I enjoyed it! : ) Allison and I made him mock monkey bread (off the fly), all went grocery shopping together, played at the library, and then spent the rest of the day around the house. I even made a homemade lasagna for dinner.

I'm really into freezer cooking meals and I desperately want to do a freezer cooking day...and yet to do it. Until today! And let me tell you, I got a lot of dinners made, and I did not spend a ton of time in the kitchen. I made a few things while Chloe was napping this morning, again a few things after dinner, and then finished up another hour and a half after the girls went to bed.

So I'm proud to share my list of what is now sitting in my freezer:
1-2: Lasagna (one for dinner and have another one in the freezer)
3-4: Pizza burgers (1 for dinner this week and one in the freezer)
5. Simple Summer Marinated Chicken (to be grilled later)
6. Debbie's Chicken Marinade (to be grilled later)
7. Ziplock Chicken w/diet coke (marinating for dinner tomorrow)
8. Chimichangas
9. 1 lb cooked "fortified" taco meat
10. Taco meat for ramen noodle taco bowls
11. Homemade Hamburger Helper
12. Seafoam jello salad (for bookclub tomorrow)

I think that's everything! All in all I have 8 dinners frozen and ready to go, and 2 dinners for this week are also already prepared. Little pat on the back. : ) I can't wait to do another freezer cooking day.

No comments:

Post a Comment