Thursday, August 10, 2017

#2,000: Trader Joe's Inspired Mango, Jicima Coleslaw



I can't believe I'm posting our 2,000th recipe (although it could be more because I'm pretty sure I've misnumbered a few times!  Lol)  I whipped this recipe together after I had a salad similar to it at Trader Joes.  (Can someone PLEASE convince TJ's to come to our town?!?!).  I'm seriously contemplating a trip up there this weekend just to stock up on stuff I love.

Anyhow, this salad was super easy to make and really quite good.  The dressing I got was a little bit spicy so it gave it a lot of flavor.

The measurements for the ingredients are just estimates because I made a salad for 2 (2 servings, don't be fooled to think anyone else in my family ate this!) and just put as much in it that I knew I liked.

In a bowl combine:
1 1/2 cups of shredded coleslaw mix (no dressing, just the shredded cabbage and carrots)
1 mango cut into really thin pieces and strips (like REALLY thin...Trader Joes shredded theirs but mine was too soft to attempt that)
1/4 of a jicama shredded
handful of cilantro, chopped
1-2 green onions, sliced
Handful of toasted sliced almonds
2 tbsp Mango Chardonnay Vinaigrette (the brand I used was Marie, found in the produce section)

No comments:

Post a Comment