Monday, July 29, 2013

#1,039: Paleo Cube Steak


I found this recipe because I was totally drawn to the pictures and it didn't look paleo at all.  I figured it would be an easy recipe to try and sneak past my family.  :)  It looks pretty good right?  Yeah, it wasn't.  Blech.  I did not like this at all.  It was so tough.  The only thing I ate was the breading.  The kids didn't like it either.  Brian thought it was okay but thought the breading was too soft.  Definitely not making this again, but I don't know if I've ever had cube steak.  So I'm going to try making it in the crockpot in hopes of softening it up!

2 eggs
1 cup of almond meal
2 Tablespoons of organic coconut milk
8 oz (weight) of chicharrones (pork skins, without the meat attached) crushed (I omitted)
2 lbs or so of grassfed cubed beef steak
olive oil or coconut oil
Salt and pepper for taste

Hat pan and coat with your choice of oil.  Mix the eggs, coconut milk, add a pinch of salt and pepper.  Mix almond meal and crushed chicharrones. Pat steak to make sure it’s dry…salt and pepper. 

Dip meat in egg mixture, then coat with dry mix, making to that you shake off excessive “breading”. Carefully add meat to the pan.  Depending on thickness of your steak you’re looking at 4 minutes per side.  Place cooked steaks on a paper towel to drain off oil.

No comments:

Post a Comment